Stay and work permits and visas
The competent body for issuing stay and work permits and work registration certificates is the Ministry of the Interior. From April 15, 2019, employers can apply for stay and work permits within the quotas via specially formed e-mail addresses of all police administrations.
According to the Aliens Act it is enacted that an alien can work in Croatia based on a stay and work permit or a work registration certificate.
Aliens may work without stay and work permit if they are granted:
- permanent residence,
2. international or temporary protection or international protection seeker under the conditions prescribed by a special regulation,
3. Temporary stay for the purpose of joining a family with a Croatian citizen, a third-country citizen staying on a permanent basis, asylum seeker and third-country national who has been granted full or temporary protection,
4. Temporary residence for humanitarian reasons,
5. Temporary stay for the purpose of a life partnership with a Croatian citizen, a third-country citizen who has been granted permanent residence or approval of international or temporary protection,
6. autonomous stay,
7. the status of full-time student when performing the work through authorized intermediaries, without establishing the employment relationship,
8. Temporary stay for the purpose of scientific research,
9. Temporary residence for the purpose of studying as a regular student when he / she works and is self-employed up to 20 hours a week,
10. Temporary stay for the purpose of joining the family with the researcher.