Work registration certificate
Work registration certificate
On the basis of the certificate of work registration, following third-country citizens may work for up to 90 days during the calendar year in the Republic of Croatia:
- procurators, key personnel and members of the supervisory board of a company which performs business for a company and are not employed,
- services providers in tourism, tourist representatives, or animators in accordance with special regulations,
- scientists on scientific and professional training, scientists – representatives of international organizations and scientists who will participate in the implementation of scientific projects important for the Republic of Croatia,
- Administrative staff, experts, teachers and trainers of foreign cultural, educational and scientific institutions who work in the Republic of Croatia within the framework of cultural and educational cooperation programs, as well as administrative staff, experts, teachers and lecturers of foreign cultural, educational and scientific institutions in the Republic of Croatia have their affiliates, if they come from their home institution,
- civilian and military officials of other state governments who work in the Republic of Croatia on the basis of a cooperation agreement with the Government of the Republic of Croatia,
- foreign correspondents, accredited in the Republic of Croatia or foreign media reporters,
- Representatives and staff of religious communities engaged in activities exclusively related to religious or charitable services,
- who come to practice in diplomatic missions or consular offices accredited in the Republic of Croatia,
- volunteers who volunteer in the host entity in the Republic of Croatia in accordance with special regulations, i.e. on the basis of programs of international exchange and cooperation of volunteers,
- those carrying out supervision and inspection of shipbuilding, or Aliens carrying out the supervision or inspection of production, assembly of equipment, machinery and other installations on the basis of an export contract or a foreign buyer’s order,
- who work on boats and are entered in the crew list,
- Performing professional training, training or volunteering within the framework of the Union Program, Education, Training, Youth and Sports program Erasmus + and its successors, as well as other international programs and other programs and initiatives implemented by the body responsible for education, science and the body in whose jurisdiction volunteering,
- experts in the field of cultural heritage protection, librarianship and archivism,
- Providing vocational education, training or training of employees of legal and natural persons in the Republic of Croatia,
- who perform tasks related to the delivery, installation or servicing of machines or equipment and their work is a condition for the exercise of warranty rights or is related to the delivery of machinery or equipment,
- who are professionally trained in a legal entity with a head office in the Republic of Croatia that is organizationally linked to a foreign employer,
- who come for the purpose of internship at the host subject on the basis of the training agreement,
- artists, authors, technical and other staff involved in recording a high-budget audiovisual part,
- natural and legal persons from third countries registered for performing funeral activities in accordance with a special regulation and
- tourist representatives of foreign travel agencies who come from a contracted service with a travel agency in the Republic of Croatia.
Third-country citizens covered under numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18 and 20 who intend to stay and work in the Republic for more than 90 days may be granted permission to stay and work outside the annual quota, if they meet the requirements for temporary residence and if they provide proof of performing activities and their length in the Republic of Croatia.
On the basis of the certificate of work registration following third-country citizens may work for up to 60 days during the calendar year in Croatia:
1. providers of audit and consulting services,
2. teachers who participate in organized professional conferences and seminars,
3. artists and technical staff for opera, ballet, theater, concerts, art and other cultural events, authors and performers in the field of film and television arts,
4. workers in circuses or amusement parks.
On the basis of an employment application certificate, a third-country citizen can work up to 30 days in a calendar year:
1. authors and performers in the field of music, music-scene and dance art as well as accompanying reporter, organizational and technical staff,
2. accompanying reporter, organizational and technical staff at sporting events and competitions,
3. When shooting fashion editorials or advertising campaigns,
4. at fair or exhibition events where their employer exhibits.
Third-country citizen or any legal or natural person that will be using his services are required prior to beginning work, to acquire a certificate of work registration from the police department or police station or the employer’s registered office/seat. Based on an issued certificate, a third-country citizen can work for the same employer or service-receiver on the entire territory of Croatia.