The work registration certificate for a third-country national is issued by the Ministry of the Interior, through the police department or police station, to perform contracted work in the territory of the Republic of Croatia, the execution of which lasts a shorter period. The work registration certificate to perform the contracted work may be issued for up to 30 or 90 days in a calendar year.
On the basis of the certificate of work registration, following third-country citizens may work for up to 90 days during the calendar year in the Republic of Croatia:
1. tourist representatives or animators in accordance with the regulations governing the provision of services in tourism,
2. tourist representatives of foreign tourist agencies who come on the basis of a concluded contract on the provision of services with a tourist agency in the Republic of Croatia,
3. scientists in scientific and professional training, scientists – representatives of international organizations and scientists who will participate in the implementation of scientific projects important for the Republic of Croatia,
4. administrative staff, experts, teachers and lecturers of foreign cultural, educational and scientific institutions, who perform work in the Republic of Croatia within the program of cultural and educational cooperation, as well as administrative staff, experts, teachers and lecturers of foreign cultural, educational and scientific institutions in the Republic of Croatia they have their branches, if they come from the parent institution,
5. foreign correspondents accredited in the Republic of Croatia or reporters of foreign media,
6. persons performing supervision and inspection of overhaul and construction of ships, ie supervision or inspection of production, assembly of equipment, machinery and other facilities on the basis of an export contract or order of a foreign client in the field of shipbuilding,
7. for the purpose of performing work on vessels and which are entered in the crew list,
8. lecturers participating in organized professional meetings and seminars,
9. artists and technical staff for opera, ballet, theater, concert, art and other cultural events, ie authors and performers in the field of film and television art,
10. experts in the field of cultural heritage protection, librarianship and archiving,
11. artists, authors, technical and other staff involved in the production of high-budget films,
12. other much-needed persons other than persons transferred within the company (ICT) and business visitors as defined by the Protocol of Accession of the Republic of Croatia to the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization,
13. for the purpose of implementing an international agreement.
The following third-country nationals may work on the basis of a certificate of registration for up to 30 days in a calendar year:
1. who carry out professional training, advanced training or education of employees of legal and natural persons in the Republic of Croatia,
2. who are employees of a foreign employer who is a manufacturer of machinery or equipment and who come for their delivery, installation or service, and their work is a condition for exercising warranty rights,
3. natural persons and employees of a legal entity from third countries registered to perform funeral activities in accordance with the regulations governing funeral activities,
4. at fairs or exhibitions at which their employer exhibits,
5. workers in circuses or amusement parks,
6. on the shooting of fashion editorials or advertising campaigns,
7. accompanying reporting, organizational and technical staff at sports events and competitions,
8. authors and performers in the field of music, music-performing and dance arts, as well as accompanying reporting, organizational and technical staff,
9. who are professionally trained by a company affiliated with a foreign employer,
10. audit and consulting service providers.
Third-country nationals or a legal or natural person who will use their services are obliged to submit a request to the competent police administration or police station for the issuance of a work registration certificate according to the place of work or the seat of the legal or natural person. Based on the issued work registration certificate, a third-country national may work in the entire territory of the Republic of Croatia or the same employer or service user and is not obliged to obtain a residence and work permit.